Saturday 6 September 2014

How I clean my makeup brushes

Washing makeup brushes is one of those chores that no one likes to do but has to be done. Not washing your makeup brushes leads you to breakout in spots now let me tell you why… when applying makeup with a brush you are picking up bacteria from your face (or neck or wherever you apply makeup) the bacteria is then left in the brush and it multiplies. When you go to use it again the same thing happens but because of the build-up of bacteria on the brush (try saying that ten times fast) it’s also on your skin. This circle keeps going and going and your skin will not thank you for it trust me. 


1. Lay out all your dirty brushes ready to start cleaning.
2. Get two medium size bowls full of lukewarm water and dampen your brush in one of them.
3. Put a small amount of your cleaning product on your hand (I tend to use whatever shampoo I’m using and this one tends to leave my brushes very soft another one I like to use is Johnson’s baby shampoo but you could use just normal hand soap)
4.Using your hand to lather the shampoo make sure the whole brush is covered.
5. Squeeze out any excess product into the first bowl then rinse in the other
6. Repeat if necessary (stubborn dirt or a very dense brush)
7. Swirl your brush on a towel to get rid of excess water. And leave there to dry.
8.  Look at you clean brush in awe! (the best step)

(Remember to regularly change the water because washing your brushes in dirty water is never a good idea!) Sometimes I wash them in the sink with the tap which is more hygienic but tends to waste water. I like to use a pea size amount of conditioner on my blending and fluffy brushes because it makes them extra soft and keeps the brush at a good standard. Repeat steps to wash out the conditioner. Hope this post helps! i also need some idea for a good makeup brush solution to spot clean my brush please let me know any good ones you like! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment